My name is Tj, I have a problem. I am addicted to buying camera bags. Each one better then the last or at least thats how I try to convince my wife. Today I wanted to share a GREAT travel bag that I have been using the last few weeks. Lets take a look at the VEO Messenger Bag from Vanguard.
A few weeks ago I was traveling to Las Vegas for a family vacation. I was not taking a lot of gear as I would just be a tourist for this trip and snapping some family photos. I wanted something that could be used not only be a camera bag but something that would change with my needs. I was also in search of a single bag that could hold all of my gear, plus headphones, mobile devices etc. for the plane trip out.
Here are my requirements:
- Room for my Sony a7 & a few lenses
- Room to take along a speedlight
- A way to attach a tripod/monopod
- Room for 13″ Macbook Pro
- Small pockets for pens, memory cards, etc.
- Not just a one trick pony. I was hoping for a bag that I could use for other things and not just a camera bag.
Enter the Veo 37 messenger bag from Vangard. It’s worth noting that my travel tripod is the VEO Travel Tripod so the fact that this bag was made for this tripod also helped in making my decision.
Here is the short list of features from Vanguards website.
- 2 ways to carry your tripod or lightstand.
- Looks like a regular messenger bag. Does not scream “I’m a camera bag, steal me!”
- Tons of padding for cameras and gear.
- Transforms into an everyday daypack when removing the camera seperator
- Comfortable carrying well padded back and harness
- Well organized – dedicated pockets for all essentials
- Holds an 13 inch laptop
- Two water bottle side pockets
- Total coverage rain cover
What needs improved?
The only thing that I think needs improved is a place to attach it to your luggage. On many similiar bags, there is a place where you can slide your bag over your lugage to keep it secure while traveling.
Products Discussed in this post:
In closing, this really is a great bag. When I got back from vacation I simply took the camera seperator out and I use it for work every day. There is a ton of room and its extremely comfortable to carry. I reccomed this bag to anyone who may not use a ton of gear, likes messenger bags and wants a bag that is not a one trick pony.
As always if you have any questions at all feel free to email me at email@example.com!