With the new Evaluation system in Ohio my curriculum director needed an easy way to create a folder for each teacher to keep track of all of their documents, evaluations, slo’s, etc. So I went to work and created an easy to use script.
So here are the steps that we will be doing.
1. Create a list of students, teachers, or anything else you want to create folders for. This can be for students in your class, weeks in the school year, teachers etc.
2. Export that list as a csv.
CSV stands for Comma Separated Value. This basically is an excel spreadsheet with the values separated by a comma.
3. Navigate to the folder that you would like to create all of the folders in.
4. Make sure you have 2 files in your folder (folders.sh , and the CSV file of your names)
4. Run the script (folders.sh)
5. Enjoy filling the folders with lots of useful information!
Google Sheets makes it super easy to create and download CSV’S. Simply open your Google Sheet, Click File, Click Download As and choose “Comma Separated Values”
Its important to note that it must be named “folders.csv” unless you modify the script.
Now for the script.
With the Google drive application on your computer you can simply navigate to the folder that you want to create folders in and those folders will all sync to Google Apps! As always if you have any questions feel free to reach out!